Saturday, September 5, 2009

Projects...

I've wanted to make a simple A-line dress for my niece for some time now. Actually, I've dreamed of a knit dress (I'm in love with Coco's bobble dress http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2008/8/29/whits-knits-cocos-bobble-dress.html), but I recently opted for the more economical amazing floral corduroy material that I found. (I also purchased a corduroy paisley print, but I haven't started that project yet!) Although I picked out a simple pattern my sewing expertise was put to the test! I've sewn pillows and curtains before (interpret: straight lines), but this was my first experience with interfacing, curves and button holes. I'm happy to announce that the process only required countless Internet searches, 3 trips to Hancock fabrics, 2 bandaids and one plea for help via Facebook. Happy Fall Maddie! I hope you love your dress!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

That is absolutely precious Mindy!!! I'm very impressed!